Translate

Saturday 17 May 2014

One of the best Unagi restaurants in the world 料理: うなぎ 店名: 尾花












愛川ほど濃い味ではないけど、なんとかバランスが物凄く良いから、世界一美味い鰻の一つだ!!

This was my first time eating Unagi wrapped in omelette and even though I LOVE Japanese omelette and I LOVE Unagi, the combination was not the sum of it's parts. However, Obana is a VERY nice Unagi restaurant. The old building is just awesome.

The Unagi is not quite my favorite type. I like Unagi that has been grilled quite a lot even to the point where it is somewhat black. This is because I've noticed that heavily grilled Unagi has a more intense taste. The Unagi at Obana(this restaurant) is not of this sort and grilled very evenly and not to the point where it's black. However, I can see why people call this the best Unagi in the world, because even though the taste isn't quite as deep and intense as certain other restaurants like Aikawa, the balance of everything is just SUPERB! It's hard to properly explain, but it is really really good and I don't think I could argue with anyone claiming this is the best Unagi in the world. I just slightly prefer the more heavily grilled variant served at places like Aikawa.

Although Obana is a bit futher from my home, I'll definitely come again!

Rating: 5+/5

Price: 
4500円 - 5500円

Tabelog: http://tabelog.com/tokyo/A1324/A132401/13003509/

No comments:

Post a Comment